17 July 2012

Top Five Events of the Last Few Weeks

Well, eventually I may actually get around to posting weekly updates but for now this will have to do.

1.  I cut my hair. I donated 12 inches to Locks of Love and now my hair is about shoulder length and quite a bit more bouncy.

2. My family came into town and we had quite a bit of fun in the great outdoors. They came into town on Wednesday the 4th, we went swimming at Sand Hollow on Thursday, and then hiking around Zion National Park on Friday and Saturday (although half of my family stayed in Cedar on Saturday to recuperate from Friday). Most of my sisters went back up to Salt Lake on Sunday so they could work the next day, but my parents and 2 siblings stayed a few more days to take me up north for my eye surgery/procedure thing (more to come on that next). Ked and I were able to run away a few times to spend some quality time together and it was very much appreciated.

Family picture in Zion at Weeping Rock

Mairead loved the shuttle in Zion. She also enjoys eating straps to things. Below is a video of her and some of the view as we hiked Angel's Landing on Saturday. She was talking up a storm but of course stopped as soon as the camera turned on. At least she still looks happy.

Some of the view from Scout's Looking almost all the way up the trail to Angel's Landing. We didn't go the last half mile on the chains because it was pretty busy and that makes it more difficult and take longer. You can see the little puff that is my hair in a ponytail now that I cut it.


3.  I had eye surgery. A few months ago during a routine visit to the eye doctor at Costco for a new prescription and contacts they discovered that I have keratoconus (a degeneration of the structure of the cornea) in my left eye. I was told to go to an ophthalmologist for corneal topography to be sure of the diagnosis and it came back positive. This doctor recommended a new procedure called corneal cross-linking that stops the progression of the condition (otherwise it can progress and eventually lead to a cornea transplant). So, I went to another doctor up north and had the procedure done. I was a bit apprehensive about it, especially because Ked wasn't there with me (he stayed in Cedar so he could go to scout camp). However, it was much easier than I was anticipating and it was good that I was able to stay with my family and have them take care of me and Mairead.

4. Ked went to scout camp. I don't have a lot of details about the camp since I obviously wasn't there, but Ked said it was better than he anticipated. I do know they had a tug of war (leaders vs. boys) over a creek and the leaders lost and ended up in the water. It didn't rain nearly as much as was forecast which was a benefit, but because of the extreme fire danger here in Utah they weren't able to have fire.

5. Mairead is growing and changing a bunch! Over the course of a few days she started babbling and then I noticed that she was getting her two bottom teeth. It seemed like all of a sudden my baby wasn't such a baby anymore. I feel like I can see a lot more of her personality now and she and I are little buddies. She seems to respond more to conversation which is fun, I feel like she is actually understanding quite a bit of what I say to her. She's not crawling yet, but she probably could if she put her mind to it seeing as how she is very wiggly and tries to move all over getting to the things that she wants, just not by crawling. She is very curious to see and grab (and put in her mouth) everything around her. She was a champ over these past few weeks being so off her schedule and loved all the extra attention at Grandma and Grandpa Krauel's house.

This is how Mairead likes to spend her time after she eats dinner. Leaning back in her seat with her feet up eating her toes.

Cute smile!

She has started doing these closed mouth smiles now. Very adorable.

Looking adorable while she wears some cute pj's from her Aunt Kimberly

The following are videos of Mairead babbling and using a paper towel tube as a horn.

No comments:

Post a Comment